Saturday, July 26, 2008

Soul Journaling :Day 14

Well I have been working on my Paper Doll family all morning and I'm ready to break for lunch now. I thought I'd show you my progress before I do though. I got all of my people's bodies all finished and now I get to have some fun decorating them!

I started painting my dress and shoes.

Then I started painting Jared. I decided that it would be fun to put him in his Paramedic Uniform complete with accessories. His arms came out a bit wonky so he has a very "macho man" pose that makes me laugh! :)



Some cool ideas for outfits are adding buttons, lace, fabric, and of course accessories that fit your people's personalities! :)
Have fun and I'll show you my finished Family tomorrow. *HUGS*
***********************************************************************
Oh and by the way if you have a huge family that won't all fit in your house...How about doing an extra 2 page School bus spread with a pocket as the side of the bus for all your kids? Or a second spread showing the interior of your house with chairs, tables, etc. that double as pockets for your extra people. I can imagine an entire book of pockets to have many adventures with! :)

12 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

Terrrrrific!!!

Nicolette said...

I love these- they are awesome!
I made a book for my 37 year old brother for his birthday - a doll of him with many different "outfits"...lots of fun!

Virginia said...

Wonderful idea!!!!!I love pockets....Mmmm off to make the grandies now. I have a wonderful idea for a pocket!!!
Have a great day all...

Coffeelatte said...

This is a great idea...I am visiting after learning about your Soul Journaling blog entries from a posting at atcsforall.com. Great ideas!

Kathryn Costa said...

This is really adorable. I love pockets and paper dolls so the assignment is right up my alley. When I was a little girl my mom told me that I would take the huge Sears and JcPenny catalogs and cut out the models and clothes and make my own paper dolls. I was recently visiting the local museum on a lunch break and noticed a painting with a young girl and thought she would make a wonderful subject for a paper doll or at least the inspiration for one. Tomorrow I have a friends coming over the my birthday tea party so I may not get a chance to play. I'll catch up soon though. {smiles} k

Cheeka said...

I've been out of town so I really need to catch up - this looks like fun. I like the idea of a "hug" family although i'm pretty sure that's a typo. I have a big hug family from church! I think I will make a whole church spread at some point with all my hug family in it!

Sarah Whitmire said...

Cheeka,
LOL Yeah that was supposed to be "huge". You are way too cute! :)

*HUGS* ;)

Sarah

Quilting Memories said...

LOL...I have a Hug family too! :) I am having so much fun looking at everyones paper dolls. This was so fun! A big HUG for you Sarah! At first I thought..OH NO, Im not doing paper dolls, that is not fun, but I did it and it REALLY was so much FUN seeing how everyone turned out and they all look so FUNNY as dolls! Thank you so much for making me have FUN!

Anonymous said...

I got a bit carried away and made a ton of dolls from pics of my friends, yes I think it will be a double decker bus on a spread... loving this, never made dolls before, thanks, Grrl+dog

Anonymous said...

I got a bit carried away and made a ton of dolls from pics of my friends, yes I think it will be a double decker bus on a spread... loving this, never made dolls before, thanks, Grrl+dog

nkjohnston said...

OMG! What a beautiful ring. The proposal sounds wonderful in such a pretty setting, and the follow-up arrival of the picture certainly was icing on the cake.
Bless you both! He sounds like a real keeper.

Anonymous said...

How very fun! I wasn't so sure about the whole paper doll thing at first, but once I got over (or found a way around) my qualms about using my actual family - and used an old time substitute, I really had fun with this. Thanks so much for this prompt, and guiding us through it! Sarah, your directions are always so precise and easy to follow. Thank you!!