Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Soul journaling: Day 18

A warm welcome to everyone who is just joining us! Please start at Day 1 and work at your own pace. Don't feel the need to rush to catch-up, just allow yourself to enjoy the process. :)

I also want to thank everyone for your kind emails and comments! I have not been able to respond to all of them but I want you to know that I do read and appreciate every single one. *HUGS TO YOU ALL* What amazing company I am keeping. I am honored to call you all my friends. :)

Some of you already know that Jared and my 10 year (non-wedding) anniversary is coming up Aug. 3rd. To celebrate Jared is whisking me off to NYC to soak up all the art and fun we can! I am over the moon excited but I do hate to leave you all. Today will be the last prompt I give you until I return on Aug. 7. I hope that you all continue working in your journals and we can have a "show and tell" when I return as I am also planning on taking my journal with me. :)

****************************************************************************
Today's prompt-
Collage potpourri!

Page 5 and 6
Mix up this list!

-Write the Alphabet quick and Angry (use a permanent ink pen)
-Cut out a silhouette of a person’s face, ink or paint over (magazine stencil technique)
-Add a wash of paint in a new color
-Use something unusual as a stamp (like a piece of corrugated cardboard or a sliced green pepper)
-List everything you did today so far. (Include little things like: brushed my teeth and let the dog out)
-Gesso out a section of your work, don’t think about it…just do it. Add something new over it.
-Add something metal
-Add a drybrush of paint in a new color

Continue playing with these pages. Be messy and have fun. The cool thing about this is you could do this same basic list over and over again and get totally different results each time.
**********************************************************
I will show you my results from today's and yesterdays prompts when I return.

Homework: Assignment#1: Write somewhere in your journal about your experiences with Soul Journaling so far. What were your favorite and least favorite prompts? What exercises would you like to do again? What surprises have you encountered? Has this process changed anything for you in your life or in your art making? Has our "Fellow Soul journalers" community influenced the journaling process for you? How?

I would suggest not covering these pages up but instead using them as a reference of your experiences. Though, if something comes up that needs to be covered please feel free to do so. :)

Assignment#2: Go back and work on your "Taped page". No rules. We will have a show and tell when I get back!

************************************************************

I love you all and hope that when I return on the 7th you are all still here and ready to begin the prompts again with me! XOX See you soon. Sarah

22 comments:

Christy said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary and have tons of fun!

Carol said...

Oh hapy anniversary Sarah, and I hope you have a blast! My 8th wedding anniversary is while I am away! I wanted to say i can'tbelieve, that when you come back I fly out to Zante. I am going to miss the end of the process, but vow to catch up when I come back.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Sarah! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

I just wanted to let you know that I started working on my journal last week and have been having so much fun! (and making some insightful discoveries about myself)

Thank you so much for taking on this wonderful project! It has inspired me so much. (I even started a blog to document it!)

inge said...

enjoy your trip ! while you're away I will continue working in my souljournal !
Good teachers make good students...

greets
inge from Belgium

Carole said...

I came upon your blog by way of another (isn't that always the way?).....I plan to start on a journal of my own and see where it takes me. Lots of interesting ideas and techniques here!

Happy Anniversary, and I hope you have a great trip!

Virginia said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Hope you have a great time!!!!

notmassproduced said...

hi i came across your blog via the wonderful Mistie and the wonderful grrl+dog who are both having great fun with your challenge and have produced some awesome art. I wasn't going to join in the fun through lack of time and because I'm behind everyone else but as you are away for a week I might be able to catch up mightn't i?? have fun in New York - I live in [old] york, UK! bye for now

Jacky said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Jared!

These collage potpourri pages are FUN (you come up with the best ideas).

I look forward to your return on the 7th August, I have plenty to finish off in your absence!!!

Do we still finish off on the 10th August (as I fly out to Hong Kong on the 13th... not to worry though, if I'm not finished I will follow the prompts when I get home on the 22nd).

Kathryn Costa said...

Have a wonderful time! Soak up the art and come back with loads of inspiration. In the meantime, I will be creating here and will have lots of show-and-tell.

Jane B. said...

Have a beautiful time and enjoy being out of the baking summer Fla. heat! You'll have a fabulous time - and Happy Anniversary! Will look forward to "talking" with you when you get back. Lots of catching up on the journal pages to do in the meantime. Jane

Viki said...

Happy Anniversary, I hope you have a great time on your trip!
I'll miss you over on Divas.

Wanted to let everyone Know I used a piece of lace cardstock and Raspberry spray paint on my tape page and it looks FANTASTIC! Now I'm putting accents on it with gel pens.

Viki

Mescrap said...

Happy Anniversary !! Do enjoy your trip :)

Mary S. Hunt said...

Happy Anniversary have a fabulous time!!!

Anne said...

I just got started on my journal! Not going to try to catch up, being 18 days behind ... but just taking it one day at a time! Thanks for such a super cool, fun project, Sarah! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary and enjoy your trip. Few days ago I decided I will always be short of time, so I started and don't wait for winter. So I'm sort of glad you will leave for a few days, it will give me time to catch up a little.

Letha Richardson said...

Sarah,
I think you were right about the cheaper gel medium, I did get some Liquitex brand and it is much better. Also, I am hoping that you will consider extending this project. It has been such a wonderful experience, and would love to be able to continue on. Even if you only did it once a week, or so... would you consider it?
Letha

Anonymous said...

I don't believe in coincidences~ to make a long story short..I was on alpha stamps today ordering some goodies, was paticularly intriqued with a certain person's work on the design team, wrote down the link, interupted, thought I will check it out later.....later I went to my friend Judy Keefes' blog saw her lovely journal page & saw the info about your blog...low & behold it was YOU! the person I wrote down the link to check out later ;)

so here I am ...I am going to take this as a sign...that is my time to start my journal that I have put off for ohhh too long~

thanks for the inspiration my dear!!

xo!! ~Izabella
oh...Happy Anniversay!

Quilting Memories said...

Happy Anniversary! 10 yrs...WOW...most marriages dont make it that long so you guys are doing something right :)...Have a Beautiful, Marvelous time!!! We love you!

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I've posted all of my collage potpourri pages in one post on my blog here:

http://tinyurl.com/6mydfd

I'm really enjoying following along - and I'm all caught up except for my paper doll family. Thanks for doing this - it's so much fun!

Purrplekatt said...

How exciting to come to this page to and read that you were going to NYC, and already know the end result, it's like reading a book backward. Haha, I'm happy for you getting engaged!

Jane B. said...

Here it is - first of September - and I'm finally getting to post my pages for day 16 - 18. I definitely know I will use the potpourri technique again - it was very freeing to have things to do, but no structure as to when to do them. Loved it!

http://sepiaandglitter.blogspot.com/2008/08/soul-journaling-day-sixteen-seventeen.html

Anonymous said...

The last of my collage technique pages are done - I think that Day 16-18 were the best so far. It really freed me up to do whatever came to mind - no worries about making a mistake. Thanks so much Sarah - these lessons will be with me forever.